Dive into the topic of gender equality in the workplace with this 60-minute course of texts, dialogs, terms and definitions in English. Includes presentations, exercises, glossaries and a downloadable PDF of key terminology.
English is a gendered language and avoiding gender bias in what you say and write is a vital skill in the modern workplace. This course is designed to help you recognize gendered language in English and teaches you gender-neutral alternatives that you can use instead.
With sections on creating an inclusive tone in communication with colleagues and teams, to highlighting masculine bias in the words used in recruitment adverts, this course is essential if you want to use language effectively in the diverse, modern workplace.
This course is suitable for learners from levels A2 – B1, or for more advanced learners who are unfamiliar with the topic.
This 60-minute course covers the following topics:
- Gender Equality in Recruitment
- Gender-Neutral Language
- Casual Sexism at the Workplace
- Addressing Difficult Issues and Receiving Criticism
The course contents include:
- an in-depth text on gender equality in recruitment, with key terminology and definitions
- a workplace dialog highlighting how people communicate and interact in business using spoken English
- an explanation and practice in addressing difficult issues and receiving criticism constructively at work
- a detailed explanation of gender-neutral language in English, plus practice exercises
- a downloadable glossary of over 50 key terms in English
- interactive digital exercises to practice your language skills and how much you have learned about the terminology
The study material is freely accessible for 90 days from the date of purchase through our online learning platform.