Type: four-plus-four hybrid learning program
Customer service matters!
Find out how to provide positive, polite customer service in English. Learn at your own pace with our inspiring digital material, and get individual support from an experienced language instructor.
The four courses in the program, each lasting one hour, cover both written and spoken skills for customer service by email, phone and chat. Strengthen your skills and test the key learning points with activities, scenarios, and exercises. Each course includes an online language session where you can activate and reinforce what you have learned.
1. Dealing with Dissatisfied Customers
- Handling customer service situations professionally is a critical skill. Study strategies for communicating with upset customers, including using a neutral tone of voice, active listening, polite and sincere apologies, and phrases for offering solutions.
2. Guiding and Supporting Customers
- Providing the high-quality support that your customers expect means being able to communicate clearly. Study the skills and language needed for explaining product features, troubleshooting problems, giving personalized directions, and writing answers to frequently asked questions.
3. Writing Effective Emails
- Email remains a very important customer service channel. So, it's vital to be able to write effectively and politely in order to make the best impression possible. Study the skills and language needed to properly structure and format your emails, and the common mistakes to avoid. You will also learn how and when to use informal, neutral, and formal styles, and many useful phrases for common functions in business emails.
4. Providing Service by Phone and Chat
- Communicating clearly is an important part of good customer service. How you use your voice, the phrases you choose, and how you express things are crucial to sounding polite and making a good impression. Study how to speak and spell clearly, as well as how to provide information and ensure understanding by phone, email and chat.
Four hours of online self-study material with animations, infographics, useful phrases, activities and exercises and downloadable resources. The study material is freely accessible for 90 days from the date of purchase through our online learning platform. The four online language sessions can be booked when it suits you through our easy-to-use booking system up to 90 days from the date of purchase.